The founding family of Concept by Iowa Hearing, Taylor Parker and his father-in-law, Duane Flagel, are dedicated to helping their fellow Iowans hear better. Although we stay ahead of the curve with our technology and software, we still believe in the good, old-fashioned golden rule of service – treat our patients (and coworkers) the way we would want our own family to be treated.
New in 2017, Concept leadership gave every employee a Volunteer Day to go out into the community and lend a helping hand in this spirit. Our photos above show some of the ways the Concept family is making an impact within our communities.
Here are some highlights of our other efforts to help our fellow Iowans:
- Concept supports local businesses by sending our mobile unit to their place of work to screen their employees at no charge to the business.
- Because the government does not currently subsidize hearing aids in the way they do visual aids like glasses, Concept works with area businesses to offer hearing aid discount plans to help their employees and their families have access to more affordable hearing help while still enjoying top-of-the-line technology.
- After the Parkersburg Tornado, Concept purchased 225 flags for the Department of Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
- After the Iowa flood of 2008, Concept replaced hearing aids to those who lost them, free of charge, regardless of where they originally purchased their aids.
- Every year, Concept gives away over $150,000 worth of brand new hearing aids to Iowans across the state.